ITT Corporation Production Manager in Valencia California United States
Req ID # 813BR Position Title Production Manager Country United States Work Location CA, Valencia Company ITT Aerospace Controls Job Description About Us:
ITTControl Technologies is a global engineering and manufacturing company with leading positions in the markets it serves.We design, develop and manufacture valves, actuators, pumps and switches for aerospace and industrial applicationsand provide an ideal workplace environment in which to create a rewarding career. We are looking for team players with the talent and drive for excellence. We strive to create value for our employees by providing challenging workplace assignments.
ITTControl Technologies offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
- Supervises and directs day-to-day machine shop production activities for approximately 30 employees.
- Responsible for the assignment of work, technical interpretation and compliance within a close tolerance, precision machine shop involving short run, complex parts on conventional and CNC machine tools.
- Manages required manpower, tools and equipment coverage.Interprets blueprints, specifications and engineering orders to clarify and resolve functional problems related to fabrication.
- Assures the maintenance of quality standards and participates in departmental meetings for purposes of improving methods, standardizing techniques and otherwise affecting cost reductions and increasing efficiency.
Coordinates with other shift supervisors or departments for continuity of effort and function. Fosters a positive work environment and team who are fully committed to continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years manufacturing supervisory experience in a continuous flow aerospace manufacturing environmentto include application of LEAN manufacturing principles.Or, if you are a Manufacturing Engineer who has worked within a machine shop environment and ready to assume supervisory responsibility.
- Must have solid communication and leadership skills.
- Prior supervisory experience must includepositive employee relations and team building, strong communication skills, and comprehensive technical management skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer software is important and prior experience in an MRP manufacturing environment is highly desirable. Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required N/A Paid Relocation Available? Yes EEO Statement: ITT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.