ITT Corporation MRO Buyer in Blacksburg, Virginia
The MRO buyer procures goods and services for both Blacksburg manufacturing facilities ensuring that critical items are delivered on time, in the correct quantity, at the best price. The position works closely with plant management and the indirect Supply Chain Manager to ensure the most efficient sourcing of quality items and accurate and timely processing of all transactional documents.
· Facilitate bids, analysis and negotiations for MRO goods and services
· Conducts quoting of various commodities as required. Including compilation of multiple quotes (market testing) and analysis of results. Assists Supply Chain Manager in the preparation of all required sourcing recommendations.
· Processes purchase requisitions and purchase orders in a timely manner; expedites orders as necessary.
· Maintains and manages supplier relationships to ensure quality of goods and services provided and to confirm that Wolverine business is appropriately prioritized. Become familiar with suppliers capabilities and limitations.
· Manages supplier performance within MRO category.
· Assists internal customers with requests for materials/specifications for MRO requirements.
· Sources new suppliers for equipment, parts and/or services under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager.
· Assist Supply Chain Manager with contract development and execution.
· Works with Supply Chain and Finance teams to resolve open invoice / P.O. discrepant issues.
· Prepares weekly critical items status reports.
· Assists plant personnel with determining if a supply item will be controlled through the on-site crib management program or outside of the program.
· Assist plant personnel with implementation and compliance of indirect purchasing policy.
· Reconciles individual and p-card purchases against monthly statement.
· Works with other members of the Operations Leadership team to develop and
implement initiatives that reduce transaction cost and consolidate volume.
· Contribute to the cost savings goals
· Procures purchased components as assigned.
· Reviews data to determine material and service requirements to meet customer requirements.
· Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
· Follows all safety rules and procedures in the performance of this position’s duties and reports any unsafe practices to the supervisor.
· Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
ITT Motion Technologies
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Skills and Experience:
· BA /BS in Supply Chain Management / Business or related field required.
· Minimum of 5 years MRO / materials management purchasing experience.
· Strong knowledge of purchasing procedures and strategies and an advanced knowledge of supply chain management functions.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to manage entire order to payment process.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Able to establish and maintain robust internal and external relationships.
· Ability to solve practical problems and perform under stress.
· Possess a positive “can-do” attitude. Be proactive and decisive.
· Be self-managed and able to handle multiple priorities.
· Possess strong work ethic.