ITT Corporation Stamping Tool Room Supervisor in Blacksburg, Virginia
Wolverine Advanced Materials, an entity of ITT Corporation’s Motion Technologies Division, is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance materials. Our core competency is in performance-critical, specialty elastomer–coated metals that offer damping and seal-ability solutions in the automotive and gasket industries.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2014 revenues of $2.7 billion. For more information, visit www.itt.com at http://www.itt.com/ .
Motion Technologies is one of four ITT Value Centers focused on the Transportation industry. The Motion Technologies Value Center generates over $862M in revenues and is made up of three businesses.
Wolverine’s Global Footprint:
We employ approximately 600 people worldwide, with global headquarters in Dearborn, MI.
Responsible for all aspects of in house tool and die manufacturing, maintenance, development and testing activities to ensure the production objectives are met, to maximize productivity and maintain the highest levels of workmanship for all tool and die activities. Lead resources within the Tool room to ensure all tooling are produced efficiently, on time and in line with quality standards ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the team. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
· Oversee daily tooling support for production; plan die repairs/preventive maintenance.
· Find, evaluate, and approve local outside contractors for die repair, servicing of dies and other machining capabilities.
· Responsible for print review, in collaboration with sales and die builder, and review of existing dies. Monitor and track the progress of dies through the building process.
· Lead team activities in meeting production objectives, including troubleshooting at the press with both dies and materials.
· Oversee the PPAP process and die trials.
· Manages the tooling budget to purchase expenditures.
· Supervise, train and instruct tool & die repairs in safety, maintenance, and quality methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
· Review, release, track, coordinate and close work orders.
· Work with the external die manufacturers to ensure correct specifications before arriving to plant. Attend die design reviews related to engineering program changes.
· Support Customers with improving and maintaining tools and dies.
· Endure tooling specifications after each PM, die repair, engineering change.
· Teach/Mentor tooling team on die functions and troubleshooting techniques.
· Track downtime to identify projects.
· Consult with Plant Manager relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
· Supervisor the daily activities of the tool and die employees in a union environment.
· Maintain required safety standards. The above is intended to describe the general content of, and the requirements for, the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
ITT Motion Technologies
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Stamping Tool Room Supervisor
Skills and Experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
High school diploma or GED required. Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
5+ year’s supervisory experience in tooling in a metal stamping facility or equivalent automotive manufacturing background.
Knowledge of stamping dies (progressive, blanking).
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Good computer skills to work with CAD/CAM technology, CNC machine tools, and computerized measuring techniques.
Ability to ensure health and safety standards and policies are followed by tool and die employees.
Excellent written communication skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
U.S. citizen or permanent residence. Work sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position requires visibility to controlled documents.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
KEY BEHAVIORAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a shop environment and is regularly exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors. Working with presses, heavy equipment and machinery is dangerous, it requires wearing personal protective or safety equipment. This job is surrounded by machinery that often becomes very hot, which may lead to an uncomfortably warm environment. Requires working in a non-air-conditioned variable temperature factory setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Stamping and assembling plant environment. Involves walking, standing for long periods of time throughout the day. It requires being able to lift up to 50 pounds, push and pull up to 75 pounds. Stooping/bending/twisting is required on regular basis. Fast-paced environment, overtime may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.