ITT Corporation IP Obernkirchen and EMEA Business Partner & Operations Support Analyst in Obernkirchen, Germany
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned:
ANALYSIS / DESIGN
· Recommends projects to IT management and users.
· Helps to develop project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or changes to existing ones.
· Reviews business systems documentation and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with standards.
· Applies independent judgment, discretion and analysis in coordinating, developing and designing computerized information systems solutions for business problems to meet expanding or changing business requirements.
· Defines and develops practical information system specifications utilizing flowcharts, block diagrams, charts and layouts for solutions to business problems.
· Confers with customers and studies the effectiveness of systems flow and manual or automated processes to identify ineffective or inefficient systems.
· Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
· Advises appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem Monitor EMEA Operations Support Assignment Queue to ensure incidents are being properly assigned and managed
· Provides Project Management through the project’s life cycle; from conception to implementation and training. This includes a Production Support Turnover Plan.
· Conducts training sessions to implement new or improved systems and procedures.
· Conducts meetings on all levels of management for purposes of presentations, reviews, approvals of recommendations, etc.
· Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
· Assists in the estimation and procurement of resource requirements (personnel, hardware and software) necessary during the life cycle of a project. For example – coordination of hardware purchases, deliveries, installations, etc.
· Develops or assists in the development of project work plans, task sequencing; and guides and monitors performance for all aspects of project work to insure that all tasks are completed on schedule.
· Develops project time schedules; and coordinates the development of conversion and test procedures for all aspects of system implementation, from manual handling through computer processing.
· Prepares and submits regular project status reports to Customer and IT management.
· When required, assists Team Members in completing project tasks, in an effort to keep the project on schedule.
IT Operations Support
· Keep users highly operational by providing onsite and remote Level Two support to Industrial Process users, including performing extensive maintenance and troubleshooting on PC’s, laptops, software programs, printers, faxes, LCD Projectors, and copiers
Provide Data Recovery services for user hard drive issues including repairing damaged drives and/or retrieving data
Support, maintain, and troubleshoot issues with multiple versions of Windows Servers in Global Industrial Process site locations as required
· Proactively communicate with the user community regarding local maintenance, technology issues, and other relevant topics
Configuration, installation, and maintenance of software including proAlpha, MS Office, , Visual Studio or Visual Basic, IBM AS400 Clients, Windows Server, Exchange and Outlook, Adobe, and other applications as required
Work collaboratively with end users, other team members, the Technical Assistance Center, Corporate Enterprise Infrastructure team, Vendors, and other business functions to support the architecture and operational standards and practices
Troubleshoot SCCM installation failures
· Provide project support for software compliance projects including reimaging non-compliant computer systems, Bit-Locker Non-Compliance, Bit9 reinstalls for failed pushes, Operating System upgrades, I Series upgrade
· Create server shares and create groups to control the share access
· Troubleshoot network server issues
· Manage user Active Directory Groups and access
· Provide training and support for basic office software applications. Read and interpret technical literature pertinent to computer software and hardware operations and maintenance
Effectively utilize company standard incident remediation system to assign, prioritize, track, and remediate incidents, tasks, and end user requests
Support telecom infrastructure including phones and related setup
· Support Network connectivity hardware including cables, ports, and other network equipment
· PC workstation construction and dismantling
Support facility security systems & processes
Assist facility manager with facilities needs for front-end office such as electrical, office improvements, and general maintenance
Minimum Education Requirements:
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
IP Obernkirchen and EMEA Business Partner & Operations Support Analyst
Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A.S. Degree with 4 - 8 years experience, or
B.S. Degree with 2 - 6 years experience, or
M.B.A Degree with 2 - 4 years experience
- Minimum 5 years in IT
· Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
· 5+ years of experience as a Windows Server administrator
· Familiarity with Cisco switches and routers
· Experience with Windows DNS/DHCP/WINS across Windows Server
· Knowledgeable in complete build/rebuild of PCs, and imaging PCs with SCCM
· Experience with an Active Directory environment with Windows Server
· Exposure to securing, hardening, auditing and remediation within a Windows and Active Directory environment
· A solid understanding of Windows server architecture and networking environment
· Highly tuned problem solving and analytical skills a must
· Phone system basic administration
- Self-starter, good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent time management skills
Knowledge of server backup software and processes
Familiarity with Dell / HP equipment and service a plus
Experience working in a large company with corporate standards and an understanding as to why the standards must be followed