ITT Corporation Senior Project Manager in Orchard Park, New York
ITT is a leading $2.5B global manufacturer of highly engineered, customized solutions with approximately 9400 employees operating in 35 countries around the globe.
ITT Enidine Inc., headquartered in Orchard Park, NY, is a premier supplier of engineered Mechanical Shock Absorbers, Vibration Isolation Products and Noise Attenuation Products as well as Deceleration Devices and products for Hydraulic/Pneumatic Actuation and Motion Control applications. Our products can be found in use throughout the global Industrial, Oil and Gas, Aviation, Defense, Rail and Automation markets.
ITT offers competitive salaries and a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401 K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
As part of the newly centralized Program Management Office (PMO), this individual will be responsible for providing project management leadership of strategic projects/programs and provides guidance across the enterprise in project management process and methodologies.
The candidate will work closely with all segments of the organization (engineering, sales/marketing, accounting, procurement, and operations) to ensure a cohesive well-organized and professional product is delivered to our valued customers.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or Refugee.
· Acts as single point of contact to all stakeholders (internal and external)
· Executes to a performance measurement baseline (PMB) for scope, cost and time
· Demonstrates ability to work consistently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Executes the project on schedule, within budget, and with “Best in Class” quality standards. Is able to assign responsibilities, delegate and empower others, and remove obstacles.
· Develops short and long range plans, which are appropriately comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting goals.
· Allows for and obtains needed resources. Coordinates work efforts, monitors progress and manages expertise/resources in accordance with the project management plan. Analyzes project elements to establish project status. Takes corrective action.
· Identifies and manages risks and anticipates potential problems. Develops action plans to mitigate risk. Identifies and implements alternative solutions.
· Utilizes structured change management methodologies to ensure impact is defined and agreed upon before implementation.
· Monitors, reviews, and updates the project plan. Ensures that interfaces are recognized and tasks are integrated as a whole.
· Tracks and evaluates project performance to established plans through the use of project schedules, financial reports and quality metrics.
· Utilizes analytical tools to identify, gather, and synthesize relevant information critical in making accurate project decisions.
· Monitors individual/team performance and contributions relating to key goals, corporate initiatives, and commitments.
· Perform trade studies to evaluate business case and ROI of projects and new opportunities.
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Senior Project Manager
Skills and Experience:
Requirements & Skills:
· Requires 5+ years program management experience with a small to medium size manufacturing company
· Bachelors degree, preferably in Engineering or Business, from an accredited university.
· PMP® certified by Project Management Institute is highly desirable
Is strongly committed to the mission. Has ability to develop and communicate customer needs.
· Is both a systematic and innovative thinker, uses creativity in decision making to react to changing conditions. Has cultural understanding.
· Champions continuous improvement, realizing the need to grow the changing environment.
· Has well-developed self-management skills, including time and stress management.
· Is self-confident, with a concern for credibility. Is selective about involvement in project issues; focuses on what is important.
· Possesses a passion, dedication and commitment for project management work.
· Finds and empowers the best people for their project team. Proactively gathers information and insists on results.
· Applied knowledge of key Project Management tools and techniques including scheduling, cost management, change control, concepts of balance of time, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, risk management, and contracts.
· General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, field service, business development, and quality systems.
· Computer literate with an aptitude for MS Office, MS Project, MS Project Sever or MS Project Online. Has the ability to generate project status data and reports.
· Knowledge of engineering development processes including product development and configuration management.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
· Demonstrates an emphasis on high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork, high performance, and meeting commitments in a dynamic environment ·
· Ability to exercise exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills is a must
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
NY, Orchard Park