ITT Corporation Assembly Operator (Molder) in Santa Rosa, California
We have two additional 2nd shift Assembly Operator positions at ITT BIW Connector Systems. We're looking for team players and continuous learners who like to work and collaborate with others to gain process improvements and production efficiencies. In the Assembly Operator role at BIW, in addition to being a team player and continuous learner, you will be required to: Use machine tools, hand tools and measuring instruments; read blueprints, drawings and work instructions; and mold cables & materials for final products used in oil, aircraft and marine fields.
Learn more about BIW Connector Systems: http://www.ittbiw.com/About/ Learn more about ITT, Inc.: http://www.ittbiw.com/About/ITT-Corporation/
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Assembly Operator (Molder)
Skills and Experience:
Skills required: Must be able to:
· Use basic hand tools and measuring devices (ruler, caliper, thermocouple) measure, cut and mold materials as required.
· Use heat presses to mold rubber for required product.
· Visually inspect product for defects and adherence to workmanship standards.
· Consistently comply with 5S and Safety standards.
·Successfully work in a mature team environment.
Must also be able to:
Read blueprints and drawings
· Perform basic math and read measurements
· Concentrate for long periods of time without becoming distracted
· Perform the same task repeatedly without becoming bored or frustrated
· Possess solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
· Be a proactive team player with a continuous improvement mindset
· Be a Problem Solver (knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean principles a plus)
· Have attention to detail
· Follow detailed verbal and written instructions
Essential Functions of the job:
· Lift up to 35lbs unassisted, on a regular basis
· Repetitive use of hands: grasping, manipulation, forceful pushing and pulling
· Stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift objects over head and shoulders
· Ability to stoop and squat
· Exposure to extreme heat and cold; dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals; vibration, loud noise
· Safety glasses and steel toed shoes required
May work overtime as required.
CA, Santa Rosa