ITT Corporation R&D Test Technician IV in Seneca Falls, New York
Performs a variety of tests, primarily hydrodynamics on various types of centrifugal pumps, ensuring each pump is assembled, set-up and instrumented to meet test specifications, and that the testing and data processing conforms to lab standards of accuracy and completeness with all steps being performed efficiently, safely, and with quality.
· Plan and setup pumps & instrumentation to safely and accurately execute testing on orders up to $2M in budget
· Review results of pump performance tests and discuss results with internal and external customers.
· Support the compilation of accurate data on 1 st pass test yield and provide local support for improvement initiatives.
· Support local 1 st line troubleshooting support for pump test failures
· Support test lab projects and Kaizens
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
R&D Test Technician IV
Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of test instrumentation, measurement & setup (Head, Flow, Power, Temperature, Vibration, Displacement)
· Knowledge of metrology and calibration process/procedures
· Interpersonal and effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of pump manufacturing and testing processes.
· Knowledge of basic hand tools and mechanical fasteners
· Creativity (i.e. the ability to approach problems in non-traditional fashion).
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
· Ability to identify barriers to success and find solutions.
NY, Seneca Falls