ITT Corporation Senior Human Resource Business Partner, Labor Relations in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT Goulds Pumps seeks a progressive Senior Human Resource Business Partner with labor relations experience for our Seneca Falls, NY location. This role is responsible to drive process improvements, standardized policies, training and cultural initiatives across our unionized manufacturing facility. This role provides services to both our union and non union populations and requires a leader who creatively solves business challenges.
This position will support a broad range of human resource activities including employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection, equal employment, grievance tracking, labor relations, employee benefits, compliance, employment transactions and development of other human resource employees. This is a “hands on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization.
The Sr. Human Resource Business Partner reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources with a strong dotted line to the Site Operations Manager and provides leadership to one or two direct reports.
Lead an direct local site HR activities to support the achievement of site performance metrics in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Schedule Adherence, Productivity and Employee Engagement
Builds and maintains effective relationships in the workforce; partners with site operations management to develop & deliver initiatives that foster and sustain a positive culture.
Operates as senior HR consultant to employees and managers on employee relations issues to facilitate the resolution of work-related conflicts and promote increased communication
Support organization change efforts and collaborate with plant leadership to ensure successful change management approaches through effective planning and analysis, communication of change initiatives, full and active leadership support and employee involvement
Provide counsel and coaching to all employees on a wide range of HR matters
Track and analyze site HR metrics to determine root cause and develop and execute action plans to address problem areas
Mentor and develop your direct report to ensure their ongoing development and functional excellence
Manages the grievance process
Advises managers on complex employee relations issues (e.g. discipline, coaching associates, performance management).
Leads activities related to driving engagement and sustaining a positive work environment
Assists employees with the interpretation of Company policies and respond to inquiries, concerns and grievances.
Partners on complex, highly sensitive or business-critical cases to the HR Value Center Partner with an ability to use sound judgment as it relates to achieving solutions.
Leads the investigation of associate complaints and disputes and maintains related records and files.
Supports overall performance review process and administration of progressive discipline/corrective actions as it relates to performance matters.
Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process; identifies opportunities and areas of concern requiring follow-up.
Manages onboarding process and ensures support to both managers and employees as part of new hire process
Researches and identifies trends and report to the HR Value Center Business Partners.
Identifies opportunities to transition routine, transactional work to Shared Services.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Senior Human Resource Business Partner, Labor Relations
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of 6 years of applicable human resources experience in a related field in a similar organization.
· Minimum 4+ years’ experience working in a Union environment
· Able to assess and solve problems that are complex and require consideration of impact on multiple areas
· Able to drive improvements to current methods and processes significantly and contribute to the creation of new and innovative solutions
· Understands key human resources areas including recruiting, performance management, employee development, employee relations.
· Experience and successful track record in investigating and resolving complex employee relations issues
· Implementation of Lean or other strategies to support effective working environment
· Experience leading significant HR projects/initiatives with demonstrated project management skills
· Ability to develop solutions that have an impact on Seneca Falls Operations, geographies or customers
· Makes day to day operational decisions and contributes to the development of functional/business goals and planning
· Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization including at senior levels
· Successfully develops/implements HR strategies linked to the Functional business agenda
· Facilitates functional recruitment strategies and supports recruitment for senior level roles as needed
NY, Seneca Falls