ITT Corporation Test Technician - Temporary Assignment in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT Goulds Pumps seeks 3 Test Technicians for a 3 month temporary assignment (June - August).
Through our partnership with Kelly Services, ITT Goulds seeks to bring on 3 temporaries to support test activities in our R&D Group in Seneca Falls, NY. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates with proven mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting experience to work hands on in our test lab.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To conduct basic pump setups, testing and assembly. Assist technicians with special pump assembly and test. Collect error free data from instrumentation and report to Engineer with test results.
Maintain good housekeeping and safety procedures.
-Conduct basic pump testing setups with assistance to technicians on advance setups.
-Conduct basic pump assembly with assistance to technicians on new product assembly.
-Conduct basic pump testing.
-Assist technicians on advance pump testing.
-Work in Lab regarding housekeeping and cleanup.
-Knowledge of PC skills.
*This position requires visibility to controlled documents.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Test Technician - Temporary Assignment
Skills and Experience:
Education: Advance schooling toward AAS Degree or equivalent job related experience.
Experience: Proven mechanical aptitude, ability to assemble and disassemble industrial machinery, previous experience with troubleshooting and related tools a plus.
-Physically able to set up pumps
-Basic knowledge of pump assembly
-Basic knowledge of pump testing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and talk or hear.
· Frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms.
· Frequently required sit, stand, walk, bend, twist, reach, grasp, and pinch, and may occasionally squat, kneel/crawl, reach overhead, and perform repetitive motion functions.
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
· Use of standardized personal protective equipment (PPE) to include steel toes, safety glasses, gloves and hearing protection as appropriate.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud. Temperature varies seasonally.
To view a full list of requirements please speak with a local HR Representative
NY, Seneca Falls