ITT Corporation Assembly Operator I (1st shift) in Valencia, California
About Us: ITT is a leading $2.5B global manufacturer of highly engineered, customized solutions with approximately 8000 employees operating in 35 countries around the globe.
ITT's Control Technologies, headquartered in Valencia, Calif., provides fuel management, actuation, noise abatement and vibration isolation components to the aerospace industry and customized and standard products for precision motion control, energy absorption and vibration isolation for industrial markets.
ITT offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
They will be responsible for the fabrication of composite/non-metal components and products. They will measure, cut trim, and apply the insulation material to the tubular ducting. This insulation helps the ducting systems withstand very low, and very high temperatures
· Will be responsible for the fabrication of composite/non-metal components and products.
· Responsible for measuring, cut, trim and apply the insulation material to the tubular ducting.
· Utilize blue prints, and instructions to perform markings, trimming, cutting, drilling, and assembly of composite/non-metal parts.
· Perform operations such as vacuum, bagging/sealing curing and trimming insulation materials.
· Applying plastic impregnated fiberglass fabric and metal to semi-finished blankets, cutting materials to pattern, hand lay-up, wrapping insulation blankets on to ducting.
· Wet lay-up of fiberglass, resin and prepare materials from blue prints/work instructions.
· Develop patterns for lay up to produce parts to specific and drawing requirements
· Operate autoclaves, curing ovens, power vise, fabric dinking machine, Gerber cutters, routers, hand/power tools and other equipment related to composite fabrication.
· Will work with materials such as honeycomb, coated fabrics, rubber, adhesives, cements, plastics and other materials related to composite fabrication.
· Will make void-free laminates and perform acceptable repairs to parts per blueprint specifications - Other duties: handling/moving parts, tooling and materials, tool stripping, spray painting, steam cleaning and secondary wrapping operations.
ITT Aerospace Controls
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Assembly Operator I (1st shift)
Skills and Experience:
Requirements & Skills:
· High School Diploma / GED or equivalent years of work experience.
· Minimum of 6 months - 1 year experience working in fabrication of composite/non-metal components and products field.
· Requires ability to read, speak and write in English, follow verbal and written instruction, read simple gages/meters and read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
· Knowledge of basic hand and power tools