ITT Corporation Production Manager - Machine Shop - 2nd Shift in Valencia, California
ITT Aerospace Controls headquartered in Valencia, Calif., is a premier supplier of highly engineered components and integrated solutions for mechanical and environmental control systems for aerospace commercial and military applications. Our wide array of products can be found on virtually every commercial and military airplane flying today including linear and rotary actuators, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, motor and solenoid operated valves, pumps, electro-mechanical switches, ice and freeze protection, noise control, hoses and connectors, drain masts, air/surface heaters and composites.
Responsible for production, planning, order fulfillment, follow up with engineering and quality control process Issues and continues improvement, in order to meet the operational and financial target of the factory; Lead and drive the Focus Factory team to continuously meet the performance standard of operation – KPI’s, including Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery, Cost and Inventory. Generate production Capacity Requirement Planning according to the demand forecast and generate production resource requirement plan to include labor, equipment, fixtures, tools and sub-materials, etc. Give support to customer service in status to customers. Lead continuous improvement initiatives on production flow and resource alignment, process efficiency and effectiveness by using LEAN manufacturing & Six Sigma principles; Review and approve necessary manufacturing engineering documents; Administer Performance Management Process across area of responsibility for effectiveness, timeliness, and expected outcomes in focusing, aligning and engaging employees in the pursuit of the overall business strategies and goals.
· Supervises and directs day-to-day machine shop production activities for approximately 30 employees.
· Responsible for the assignment of work, technical interpretation and compliance within a close tolerance, precision machine shop involving short run, complex parts on conventional and CNC machine tools.
· This position requires the management of manpower, tools and equipment coverage.
· Interprets blueprints, specifications and engineering orders to clarify and resolve functional problems related to fabrication.
· Assures the maintenance of quality standards and participates in departmental meetings for purposes of improving methods, standardizing techniques and otherwise affecting cost reductions and increasing efficiency.
· He/she must be able to coordinate with other shift supervisors or departments for continuity of effort and functionality.
· Must be able to foster a positive work environment and build a team that is fully committed to continuous improvement.
· Manages group leads, machinist and assembly operators.
ITT Aerospace Controls
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Production Manager - Machine Shop - 2nd Shift
Skills and Experience:
Requirements & Skills:
· 10 + years manufacturing supervisory experience in a continuous flow aerospace manufacturing environment to include application of LEAN manufacturing principles. Previous CNC experience, strongly preferred.
· Must have solid communication skills and leadership skills.
· Prior supervisory experience must include positive employee relations and team building, strong communication skills, and comprehensive technical management skills.
· Proficiency in personal computer software is important and prior experience in an MRP manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
· Bachelor’s Degree desired.
ISO 9001:2000, AS9100 experience.
· Exposure to metals and/or machining industries.
· Leadership/supervision and training experience.
· Excellent Organizational Skills.