ITT Corporation Supervisor, Customer Service in Valencia, California
The Customer Service Supervisor will directly supervise the Customer Service/Inside Sales department and provide support to the Manager of Customer Service and Director of Contracts & Customer Service. Primary focus will be Superior Customer Service, team building, performance and department efficiency. This position may require an assignment of a narrow customer account base and occasional travel.
Will represent the Customer Service department in various meetings and provide informative group follow-ups.
Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and provide strategic recommendations or guidance on areas for improvement.
Will perform daily order analysis and order reporting for all ITTAC Valencia entities.
Provide input on upcoming or un-booked orders.
Assist with forecasting and historical order analysis for specific customer and products/product lines.
Plays an integral role in maintaining timely sales related functions including: Order entry, change orders, returns, forecast updates, RFQ’s. Ensures periodic review of Customer T&C’s are performed. Assure that order requirements are understood, lead times are respected. Ensure that customer communication is being met and order acknowledgements are distributed in a timely manner.
Assists with generating and compiling internal Customer Service data, such as surveys, peer review, Voice of Customer for department metrics reporting.
Coordinate occasional sales calls to support business development of ongoing accounts.
Will review and process payroll. Will maintain time-off requests to ensure department is adequately covered at all times.
ITT Aerospace Controls
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Supervisor, Customer Service
Skills and Experience:
Requirements & Skills:
· BS/BA degree in Business Administration or relevant technical discipline or 5+ years of aerospace customer service related experience.
· Experience in the aviation manufacturing industry or related is preferred.
· Polished presentation and positive, collaborative communication skills are essential.
· Must possess significant initiative and ability to develop, implement, and achieve ambitious performance goals
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with ITT’s diverse and global employee base; including the ability to motivate, energize, and enhance the performance of teammates
· Demonstrated expertise with enterprise software such as Made 2 Manage, BPCS, Oracle is preferred.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Spanish Language skill is a plus
· Travel <10%