ITT Corporation Supplier Quality Engineer III in Valencia, California
ITT's Control Technologies, headquartered in Valencia, Calif., provides fuel management, actuation, noise abatement and vibration isolation components to the aerospace industry and customized and standard products for precision motion control, energy absorption and vibration isolation for industrial markets.
Position Summary : Support the Supplier Quality for delivering all aspect of the Supplier Quality Assurance function. Work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasis defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality cost and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain the robustness to product builds following new introductions to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability.
Key Responsibilities :
· Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
· Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
· Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
· Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meet the required standards.
· Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues.
· Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues.
· Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities with the supply chain
· Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures.
· Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing) Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMA)
· Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission.
· Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relation to product process or systems
· Managed and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty.
· Lead Quality Audits
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
ITT Aerospace Controls
ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Supplier Quality Engineer III
Skills and Experience:
· Min. 7 years of Quality Experience
· Technical Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field. Master’s degree desirable
· Strong Knowledge of Advance Product Quality Planning(APQP),
· Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and effect Analysis (FMEA)
· AS9100D Knowledge
· LEAN Manufacturing Knowledge
· Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
· Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawing